Monday, February 07, 2005

TOXik FILE01: The Wind Struck…me dead- harhar!

Tetralogy of Fallot, Transposition of Great Vessels, Cardiovascular System,… my mind’s in a whirlwind…. Yeah, last exam of the day (I crammed for 2 and a half hours for this 6-7pm embryology)… I learned to sacrifice small fishes for big ones… I used to tell myself I wont ever let this happen to me. .but I guess… My biggest enemy is indeed myself!

I decided to walk beside the already dark green house beside the hospital trying to clear my mind from concepts I vaguely understand …gradually, I tried relaxing every fiber of my muscle which automatically (and helplessly!) tenses up with mere thoughts of the things I need to do (including the quick errand to BGH and meeting with some clerks).. when….(emote,parang scene sa movie)… a sudden gush of wind struck my face…… eeehhh!!! Ang lamig!! (ngark! is that the best reaction I can think of!) I realized I was wearing only this “pseudothick” Dr.Oribio’s favorite jacket of mine (na mapahamak!!)… Hhmm.. feeling ko naman the wind meant something.. wish ko lang!!!
But I realized, what if it did? Maybe it did.
Aside from the numbness I got from the iciness of the wind… it left me with this feeling I can even barely describe.. It felt lonely out here.. or is it that…
someone is tugging my sleeve, letting me know how alone he is right at this very moment?

Just then I looked up at the night sky… yes, just like I always do.. the sentimental old me..
It brought me back to that time when I was in a far away place. I was so homesick. I tried gazing longingly at the stars… wishing that.. in case someone looks at it on the other side of the world, his eyes would reflect back to mine.
It brought me back to the time when I was just enjoying the moment: stories, setting goals and waiting for the so called shooting star to appear (a la Meteor Garden =) )…. that time, I was sharing the stars with someone who happens to be sitting right beside me…
It also reminded me of highschool kids whose night is supposed to be a study and understading of constellations. However it turned out that the bags of tortillos and chips, the laughter and playful banters meant more than naming the Orion’s belt…
It reminded me of the first evening atop a mountain… just a relieving sight and appreciation of its beauty after a four-hour hike with a seemingly endless inventory of plants…
I closed my eyes, overwhelmed by the memories that came in exchange of such great sight. Yes, it’s still the same sky I see each time... nonetheless, I never get tired of it.. maybe like us, it still changes everytime- from the shape of the moon to the arrangement of the stars…
But what is most special about it? It is what’s happening underneath this big sky…

I again felt that familiar wind… I stood up, raised my arms trying to feel its presence when suddenly something whispered in my ear:
“Annyong ha sae yo…”
I quickly opened my eyes and suddenly a tall white man popped into my view! I pushed him hard and started to run as fast as I can. Was that a ghost??!!!! NO way! I felt his ribs against my arm! Emote pa naman ako! Hmp! I know how to get this “emote level” running….. I came back and looked for the so-called ghost. But it was gone.

I screamed “who are you??!!!” while scanning through the dark..
My book dropped open and the pages turned swiftly while the paper fans in the garden kept spinning…..
Before I heard the scream of “Annio!!!!!!!!” I tripped over down into a pit of darkness… The last thing I saw was a man in white with those chinky eyes…
Good thing the hospital is just beside me…because I fell right into the clinic of Dr. Nigos..

My phone alarm started ringing.. That’s when I woke up at R503 and felt the transcripts came loose from my hand.. I grabbed them back on the floor and read the topics “Tetralogy of Fallot, Transposition of Great Vessels, Cardiovascular System” along with a torn leaf of a notebook with doodles all over and a text that says: “You don’t miss your water till the well runs dry…” hmm.. a familiar song by Craig David…when I was about to regain control of the somewhat abrupt change in consciousness, the hair on my arms began raising again. I looked back and saw Dae Jang Woo in his white blazer skimming through the pages of the book of Langman… in front of him is the source of the wind.. the only functional fan we have in college.
Room assignments were already available at the bulletin board.

I THINK… THEREFORE I AM

7 comments:

yellow prescription said...

hmmm... pwede... pwede na'ng ilaban kay Kwak Jae-yong...


ei, visit yeochinso.com... ang ganda, promise. :)

carpe_diem said...

chee... dae jang woo? kala ko si mr. jang. mwehehehe :-)

ganda... la ko masabi...

biboy said...

:)

yellow prescription said...

ayan na nga shee... :)

teA said...

sa wakas... mejo na-gets ko ngay yung ibang part ng kwento mo shee... yung iba hindi pa..

nice shee!

carpe_diem said...

THE MOTHER OF ALL COMMENTS

Okay… here we go…

“I decided to walk beside the already dark green house beside the hospital trying to clear my mind from concepts I vaguely understand” (you were talking about your subjects, right? And what green house?)

A sudden gush of wind struck my face…… eeehhh!!! Ang lamig!! (ngark! is that the best reaction I can think of!) I realized I was wearing only this “pseudothick” Dr.Oribio’s favorite jacket of mine (na mapahamak!!)… (was that the time when you said you were freezing? May jacket ka naman nun?)

Hhmm.. feeling ko naman the wind meant something.. wish ko lang!!!
But I realized, what if it did? Maybe it did. (please expound…hehehe)

It felt lonely out here.. or is it that…
someone is tugging my sleeve, letting me know how alone he is right at this very moment? (names…NAMES!!!)

Just then I looked up at the night sky… yes, just like I always do.. the sentimental old me..
It brought me back to that time when I was in a far away place. (sa ‘tate, right?)

I tried gazing longingly at the stars… wishing that.. in case someone looks at it on the other side of the world, his eyes would reflect back to mine. (kilala ko yon!!!)

waiting for the so called shooting star to appear (a la Meteor Garden =) )…. that time, I was sharing the stars with someone who happens to be sitting right beside me… (okay… you lost me…)

It also reminded me of highschool kids whose night is supposed to be a study and understading of constellations. However it turned out that the bags of tortillos and chips, the laughter and playful banters meant more than naming the Orion’s belt… (stargazing sa PAGASA, ryt?)

“You don’t miss your water till the well runs dry…” (hmmm… this I wanna know!)


Wala lang, nangulit lang ? lam mo naman, malaki ang effect ng da buzz sakin. Mwehehehe.

airongshi said...

wow shee... ang lakas ng dating nito! akala nung una kwento-kwento lang... then it hit me! "annyong haseyo!", "annio!", and the familiar "dae jang woo"... dude! tagos hanggang marikina ung impact nito... wow!